Fuelling Peak Performance On The Bike
A 6 week course to optimise your nutrition and maximise your results
Want to perform like a world-class athlete…but don’t know how to do it?
Are you constantly pushing, but not seeing improvements in your performance?
Are you struggling to figure out how to fuel your training sessions and make it through the day without crashing and burning?
Are you sick and tired of feeling like you’re not living up to your full potential because your energy levels are holding you back?
Getting to the finish line is one thing, but doing a PB is another
And when it comes to trying to get your nutrition plan sorted and optimised… well, things can get confusing pretty quickly. There’s so much misleading information out there, so many quacks without the science to back up their claims, and one wrong move can really knock you off track.
No matter what sort of cyclist you are, your nutritional needs are different to the average Joe
You wouldn’t fill up a race-car at the servo down the road and expect it to perform at its peak. Likewise, as an athlete (yes, that is you!), you need to make sure you’re not compromising your performance through sub-standard nutrition or lacklustre health strategies.
See, when you’re pushing your body to the limit, the smallest things can have a massive impact: eating too much or too little, not getting enough of the right nutrients, not allowing your body enough time to recover…[/text_block]
But fuelling your body for peak performance doesn’t need to be hard
- Design a nutrition game-plan that’s uniquely tailored to your body
- Figure out the optimum way to eat for your needs – when, where and what
- Stabilise and boost your energy levels – all day, every day
- Be able to juggle the energy demands of a hectic work schedule, training and family/friend commitments
- Choose healthy snacks and prepare quick and easy meals
- Perform at your best every time
…All without expensive pills, potions or gimmicks.
It’s all 100% achievable, no matter what age, what sport, or what level you’re at. You really can start achieving your best results EVER – and feeling really good while you’re doing it…[/text_block]
But to make it happen,you need the expert tools, strategies and guidance that can take you to the next level.
A 6 week course to optimise your nutrition and maximise your results
This is a 6-week online course designed specifically for cycling that will walk you through everything you need to know about optimising your performance through nutrition, lifestyle, and energy management. Everything is designed to be accessible, achievable and fully customisable to your unique needs.
This course has been a long time coming
I’ve been working with the Hawaiian Ride for Youth since it first began 13 years ago and have a very practical understanding of the needs of cycling.
As a qualified sports dietitian, I’ve spent the last 25 years working with world class and Olympic athletes in sports like football, cycling, basketball, netball, and gymnastics, PLUS endurance events like marathon running, ironman, triathlon, swimming, tough mudders, and adventure racing.
Through a combination of nutrition, lifestyle and mindset strategies, I’ve helped these devoted performers achieve success and become standouts in their fields.
And after so many years in the trenches, I started noticing that every new client I was working with was experiencing variations of the exact same problems.
These incredibly passionate people would be leaving their blood, sweat and tears behind in every training session, but then coming home and not having the energy to be the kind of parent or partner they wanted to be.
They’d be pushing harder than ever in their training, but not seeing any results when they were ready to go hard.
And though they loved their sport through and through, they were struggling to keep all their balls in the air and not get buried under all their commitments.
If you love sport of any kind – from a weekend warrior to an elite champion – I’m betting you know the feeling of running on empty. Of not knowing how to give your body the energy it’s so desperately craving. Of falling asleep on the couch during a family function because you’re so darn tired. Of feeling like you’re stretched so thin that something – your health, your body, your relationships, your sanity – might just snap.
And I’m betting you also know these truths:
You perform better when you’re looking after yourself. You achieve more when you’re in a good headspace. You feel better when you’re giving your body the nutrients it needs. And you’re a better performer on game-day when you’re doing well in the rest of your life.
But how do you find the sweet spot where all those elements come together?
That’s where this course comes in. In fact, that’s why I created it.
Because I know the unique needs of cyclists. Because I hate seeing people putting it all on the line, but not getting results. Because none of us have the time (or energy) for endless trial and error. Because there really are principles that can be applied to boost your energy levels and performance. Because nutrition really can make a heck of a difference.
And because it truly is possible to kick butt on the bike, feel good while you’re doing it and still have energy leftover for the other important things in your life.
This course will help you say goodbye to uncertainty, fatigue and poor performance
This unique program will help you:[/text_block]
- Transform your physical and mental energy
- Look and feel great
- Complete your training sessions without hitting the wall
- Be able to manage your competing priorities/demands with ease
- Experience the benefits of a tailored nutrition plan
- Get more things done without needing a good lie-down (or a giant cup of coffee!)
- Be able to spend time with your family and friends without falling asleep
This is your opportunity to change your life and discover how to achieve your personal best – not just during training, not just on race day, but for every single day of your life.
[op_liveeditor_element data-style=””][text_block style=”undefined” align=”left”]
This is a 6-week life-changing online program.
It gives you the blueprint, tools and tactics you need to enhance your life and your athletic performance, so that you can be at your best – both on the bike AND off it.
Our journey kicks off on Monday 2nd November. Each week, you’ll receive:[/text_block]
- A RESULTS-ORIENTED LIVE WEBINAR: Each week, I’ll be taking you through the key concepts and nutritional components of our focus topic. These webinars are informative, practical and potent, with tools and strategies that can be applied to your life immediately.
- MY GO-TO TOOLS, WORKSHEETS AND RESOURCES: For each module, you’ll receive a tailored workbook dedicated to each element of your performance – daily life, training and event. These are designed to help you implement what you’ve learned and start seeing SERIOUS results, both on and off the bike.
- A FREE COPY OF ONE OF MY eBOOKS: To help you delve even deeper into your health journey, you’ll get a complimentary copy of one of my bestselling eBooks – Ready, Set…Go or Truth, Lies and Chocolate.
- BONUS: EXCLUSIVE MEMBERSHIP TO OUR PRIVATE FPP ON THE BIKE FACEBOOK PAGE: The power of community can enhance your results exponentially. Support is critical, and this private Facebook group will be filled with like-minded people on the exact same journey as you. Think of them as your ready-made team mates, cheer-squad, and partners-in-crime! You’ll be able to share your experiences, tell your story, and celebrate your wins. And, of course, I’ll be in there to share my insights, give advice, and answer all your burning questions
Here’s what we’ll cover…..
- The foundations of peak performance – what it is, why it’s so important, and how it applies to your life
- How to use the principles of champions to enhance your own performance, so that you can achieve more in both your sport and your daily life
- The 4 critical steps required to achieve competence in any new behaviour or skill
- The tried-and-true strategies for removing your barriers to success
Week 2 – Getting Set This week, we’re getting up close and personal with your own daily performance levels, because we all know: how you show up in your training sessions is how you’ll show up on game day. We’ll be looking at:
- The major factors that impact your productivity and output, including nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress and mental health
- How to monitor and manage your ‘energy in’ versus ‘energy out’, PLUS how to cycle your energy (without the ‘hit and miss’ guesswork)
- Expert strategies for recovery and renewal (a factor that’s so often forgotten in elite diet and exercise programs)
- How to design your own daily, weekly, monthly and annual game plan, so that you know exactly how to get where you want to be.
- What to do when it’s party time – Where does alcohol fit in? How does it affect your performance? And how can you ensure your progress isn’t impaired?
Week 3 – Hacking Your Before and After: Pre and Post-Exercise Nutrition You can only push hard when you’ve got the right energy in your system. And you can only recover when you’re giving your body the right building blocks to renew and replenish itself. This module is all about getting strategic about those key windows for nutrition intake. We’ll get to the nitty-gritty of:
- The secrets behind timing, quantity and quality (which is likely NOT what you’ve been told before)
- Practical tips on meals, snacks and products – because there’s no point in unachievable, time-consuming or expensive food suggestions
- Getting micro on your macros: The real truth about fat, protein and carbohydrate consumption – how much, how often, and how to tweak it to achieve your goals
Week 4 – All Systems GO: Nutrition for Competition A quick Google on ‘performance nutrition’ will have you trawling through thousands of drinks, gels, powders, potions and magic formulas. But what do the pros really use? What does your body truly need during these high-pressure situations? And how can you avoid the common mistakes that way too many athletes make? This week we dive into the topic you’ve been waiting for: eating to win. We’ll cover:
- What, when, and how much: the science behind fuelling optimum performance. (Includes loads of real life case studies from years of working with sporting champions)
- The actual foods I suggest to my clients – the products, snacks, and meals that have helped them reach their peak and achieve their best. (Includes suggestions for different types of sports and events)
- How to manage your body weight and fat levels (and how to tell when your body is truly at its fighting weight). PLUS: the quickest way to get back on track when things go awry
- Q and A on specific events – Got a specific question? A unique event? Now’s your chance to get all your burning questions answered so you can stop wondering and start winning
Week 5 – You are what you DRINK: Hydration for peak performance The question of hydration can be a sticky one for athletes – Is water best? How do I keep my electrolytes balanced? Which energy drinks are actually good for me (and which are full of junk)? Your body requires very specific hydration levels to function at its peak. This week, we’re going to wade through all the urban myths and marketing fluff to figure out what YOU need to drink to optimise your performance. We’ll dive into:
- The truth about hydration – what to drink, when to drink it, how much to have, and how to tell if you’re doing it right
- Water versus caffeine, energy drinks, electrolyte drinks etc. – How to make the right choice for your body and your event
- How to boost your health with antioxidants, calcium and iron
Week 6 – Supplements for Success There’s a lot of BS out there when it comes to supplements. What’s actually worth spending money on (and what’s not worth the packet it comes in)? What do the pros always have in their kitchen (and what do they know to steer clear of)? And how can you tell if a supplement is doing good for your body, or is just a bunch of expensive fillers? You’ll learn:
- How to supplement for success – the products and brands the pros use
- Essential minerals for maximum energy. These are the ‘secret weapon’ nutritional tips that have helped my elite clients cross the finish line and come out on top (includes daily requirements and best sources)
- How to maximise your health and recovery with fibre and good gut bacteria (so that you don’t just have enhanced performance, you’ve got optimal wellness too)
Basically this course is about taking control of your personal nutrition to give you the edge you’ve been craving.
The truth is, you can’t always control the myriad of physical and mental demands on your body.
But you CAN choose the fuel you put in, if you know how…[/text_block]
Working without Julie would be like trying to play football without my boots
Matthew Pavlich, Captain, Fremantle Dockers
The Hawaiian Ride for Youth is held annually in March across 5 days with 150 riders covering over 700kms on their way from Albany to Perth tocombine their resources and raise funds for Youth Focus to assist in the prevention of youth suicide, depression and self-harm. Since its inception in 2003 Julie Meek has played an integral part in the riders preparation by way of annually presenting nutritional information to ensure the riders are prepared pre, during and post training and during the ride itself. Julie’s presentation style and knowledge without doubt leaves a lasting impression with the riders as nutritional chatter by the riders in the peloton is of common occurrence. She is the consummate, extremely skilled and accomplished professional.
Peter Trench, Managing Director, Trench Health & Fitness and Founder of Ride for Youth
Julie came into my life in 1996 when she designed a nutrition plan for me when training and racing and this combined with the correct mix of training enabled me to compete in the Forster Ironman 1997 and FINALLY fulfilled my long dream of qualifying and competing in the Hawaiian Ironman in 1997…. 13 years later I’ve competed now in a total of 8 Ironman races , 15 Half Ironman races, 2 Marathons, 6 Half Marathons, 7 crossings (team) to Rottnest Island never losing the understanding of the importance of a healthy balanced diet should you want to maintain a very healthy work life together with an active sports life. The disciplines that have been instilled in me during this period are with hard work you can achieve most things however with hard work combined with the correct diet you can achieve EVERYTHING. For this I owe so much to the outstanding knowledge that Julie has and more importantly the very easy way Julie is able to communicate this knowledge so even the most uneducated (like me) can see the true benefits.”
Greg Mitchell, Homeloans Ltd
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m really busy with sport, work, and/or family commitments. Is this program right for me?
The truth is, the busier your life is, the more you’re going to benefit from these techniques. You can’t always control or predict what life throws at you every day – both on and off the field – but managing the factors you DO have control over (like your nutrition) will give you an edge over your competition. And rest assured: all the strategies in this course are designed to fit into a super-busy lifestyle.
I don’t consider myself an elite athlete, just someone who’s trying to do their best. Is the course suitable for people like me?
Absolutely. All the tools and strategies that we go through in the course are designed to suit people at varying levels of health, energy and performance. Where appropriate, I give you options to adjust and scale the strategies for your particular level of experience or fitness.
Sometimes I won’t be able to listen to the live webinar’s. Should I still enrol?
Yes! The course is delivered over 6 weeks, but you can download and access the content at any time after that. So it doesn’t matter if you’ve got something going on – travelling, business commitments or training – you can still enrol in the course now and complete the content in your own time.
Do you offer a money back guarantee?
Absolutely. I’m incredibly proud of this course, and am confident that you’ll get amazing value out of it. That’s why I offer a no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the content, simply send me an email by the end of week two of the course, and your entire enrolment fee will be refunded (minus a small fee for processing).
How is the course delivered?
This online course is delivered over 6 weeks, kicking off on Monday 2nd November. Each week’s content includes a weekly webinar and a comprehensive workbook, all of which are compatible with both PC and Mac Systems.
Content packed webinar
Every Monday morning the webinar will be uploaded to the membership site so that you can listen to it whenever you like, as many times as you like. I’ll be taking you through the topic of the week – explaining the concept, and going through the ins and outs. You’ll also have an opportunity to ask questions following the webinar (via email and the Facebook group). These sessions are informative, practical and powerful, with tools and strategies that can be applied to your life immediately.
Each week, you’ll receive a tailored PDF workbook, dedicated to each element of your performance. You can download this onto any device.
Once you’ve enrolled in the course, you’ll receive details on how to request an invitation to join our private Facebook group. This is an exclusive group for FPP members, and will be a space for support, discussions and sharing the journey.
You will have unlimited email support from me whenever you need it, for the duration of the course.
How much time do I need to allocate to the course each week?
Going through all the materials should take you an hour or two each week, but of course, you can invest as much time as you need. And keep in mind, you don’t need to get it done at the same pace that the course is delivered (you’ll have lifetime access to the content), so there’s no need to worry about falling behind or running out of time.