Fuelling Peak Performance – Program Outline
- The foundations of peak performance – what it is, why it’s so important, and how it applies to your life.
- How to use the principles of champions to enhance your own performance, to achieve more in both your sport and your daily life.
- Discover the baseline data that will measure where you are right now.
- How to monitor and manage energy in vs.energy out.
Module 2 – Hacking your Before and After: Pre and Post Exercise Nutrition + Competition Nutrition You can only push hard when you’ve got the right energy in your system. And you can only recover when you’re giving your body the right building blocks to renew and replenish itself. This module is all about getting strategic about those key windows for nutrition intake. We’ll get to the nitty-gritty of:
- The secrets behind timing, quantity and quality (which is likely NOT what you’ve been told before).
- Practical tips on meals, snacks and products – because there’s no point in unachievable, time-consuming or expensive food suggestions.
- Getting micro on your macros: The real truth about fat, protein and carbohydrate consumption – how much, how often, and how to tweak it to achieve your goals.
Module 3 – Supermarket Safari You can’t cook and eat good food unless you’ve got great ingredients to work with. But way too many people go wrong at that very first stage – in the supermarket… which means that their efforts are destined to fail from the get-go. To help you get the groundwork right, this week I’m teaching you the ins and outs of becoming a rock-star food shopper – and we’ll be doing it in-person, at a Perth supermarket. We’ll dive into:
- Food labels demystified – my fool proof method for understanding food labels and knowing instantly whether something is a good choice or not.
- How to take the stress out of shopping (including how to structure your shopping list, how to approach the store, and how to save loads of time).
- How to shop healthy on a budget – where to spend your $$, where to save, and what to buy so you’re minimising wastage and maximising convenience.
- “But I’m too tired to cook!” Get my cheat’s guide to the no-fuss supermarket options that take next-to-no-effort to prepare, and that won’t stunt your progress. (These ‘meal in a minute’ options are famous among my clients, and will ensure you keep progressing even when life gets crazy.)
Module 4 – The Icing on the Cake The question of hydration can be a sticky one for athletes – Is water best? And let’s not forget the vital micro’s like as calcium and iron and the difference they make to your performance. What does your body truly need during these high-pressure competition situations? In this module we’ll dive into:
- The truth about hydration – what to drink, when to drink it, how much to have, and how to tell if you’re doing it right champions).
- Water versus caffeine, energy drinks, electrolyte drinks etc. – How to make the right choice for your body and your event.
- How to boost your performance and health with calcium and iron.
- Competition planning and preparation – all the information you’ll need to be at your best on game/event day including what to eat and when.